Thursday, September 07, 2006

ATTACK!

Well, not completely, but here it is:

As you can see, there are 2 sides on the screen, and I'm the blue one. The units are assigned to a Player, and during the mouse-over / click events, I check what's under the mouse, and perform an attack.

Right now, I'm thinking about how to store the increasing number of sprites and prevent it from causing an enormous slowdown. With the explosions and ammunition, I add at least ANOTHER 23 bitmaps, add that to the 22 bitmaps I already have, and you get the idea(Since my game isn't done yet). After that, I can make the actual bullets fly and do some damage to units. Once units reach < 1 HP, I remove them, add an explosion and VOILA! Instant action.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great. You should take a look at Dune 2 - The Maker. Its open source now. Perhaps you can get some info from there.

Anonymous said...

Looks great. You should take a look at Dune 2 - The Maker. Its open source now. Perhaps you can get some info from there.