Tuesday, September 05, 2006

College is starting again...

Today my classes officially started for my minor. I'm doing Small Business Skills, and while I only have 3 'contact hours' a week, I need to spend at least 30 to 40 hours a week working on my assignments and other stuff.

They figured, these people are here for their own company or want to start one in the future, and therefore should work a lot for themselfs. And, half of the curriculum is done is student prepared classes, where ALL students need to provide a powerpoint presentation, and have a 1 out of 9 chance to stand in front of the class and present what they prepared. There is a 1 out of 9 chance, because there are 9 workgroups.

In matters related to the game: I coughed up a new texture manager, which replaces the default manager, and provides functionality to store each bitmap in a different color. All the ORIGINAL images are in red, and this is what it looks like with a small change:


As you can see, it works superb. Also, Textures are stored using their ARGB value in the TextureManager, so that harvester.bmp results in harvester.bmp_ARGBVALUE, so that each color is generating a unique name. I choose for this, because that way, I didn't have to change too much in the workings of the TM.

As for new features: I'm adding a base Player class, which will be used in the future to derive the actual players off, such as LocalPlayer, NetworkedPlayer, AIPlayer, etc. This way, updating will be very simple as networked players receive their changes, and put them to work at client side.

I hope to get it working before the weekend, so I can demonstrate it with 2 players(A LocalPlayer and an AIPlayer) and start working on weaponry. But I'm not sure if I'm able to, since school might require me attention.

No comments: