Monday, April 02, 2007

Little weapon update!

I fixed a few things in the weapons. I made rockets leave smoke trails. It does look good, when you fire a single rocket. With 2 rockets, it looks a whole lot less pretty. Probably has to do with the fire rate of 0.5 and the trail spawning with the same rate. Here's how it looks:

Looking good. I did have a few bugs with it, which was good in the end, since I had a nasty little parse bug with the rules.ini. Apparantly, float.Parse() looks at the Locale settings for numbers, and on my Dutch settings, it excepts to see a ',' as decimal point, instead of a '.'. Therefor, it parsed my 0.5 to 5. I fixed that with with a NumberFormatInfo instance, setting the correct char and passing it to every float.Parse() call. Nothing serious.


Oh, this was a little timing info bug. I had the smoke trails randomly pick a number between 0.0 and 0.5 for releasing their puffs, but forgot to set it back to 0.5 after the initial puff(I wanted a gap of 0.5 between puffs, and a random first puff, so they're not all on the same spot).


This is the final result, including a demonstration of the enemy quad being on firing(Including debug output. I should remove these, otherwise I end up with a cluttered debug log, which I don't really want.

Now I'm going to add Buildings to the game, and after that, the User Interface :D.

Speaking of which... I have basically a week off... Not something I'm very happy with, because I'm missing 5 exams now. But my stupid college requires that I sign in for every course I follow(I'm automatically enrolled to the course, but I have to enroll for the exams). Since I forgot to enroll myself for the exams, I'm not allowed to make them. Kinda weird. You're enrolled for the course, but not for the exam by default. I'm pretty pissed off...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done! Keep up the good work

//Mindy