Saturday, July 07, 2007

Counting the credits

I implemented the credits counter today. It's a simple little UI component that I managed to whip up in about 1.5 hours, including sexy 'animation'. After setting the credits, it compares the amount with the visible credits. In then calculates the difference between the 2 and divides that by 2(seconds). During each frame update, it multiplies the pre-calculated value with the deltatime and voila, you get to see an update animation.

It's not exactly like the original, that seemed to rotate around, but that's too much work to implement for now.

The credits counter in the top right

I'm also looking into using a bugtracker. Right now I'm using the SVN commit logs to document bugs, but that's not the most efficient way. So using a bugtracker might help with bugs that I intend to fix on a later date. As for now, I keep forgetting to document all the bugs, remember them AFTER the commit and write them down. And then lose the note with the bugs.

So, I'm looking at Mantis and a few others, and I'll make my decision soon(probably tomorrow). After I fixed my server... Yes, fixed... I decided to remove a bunch of server roles which I installed for testing purposes. However, after I removed the Terminal Server role it had to reboot. After the reboot I could no longer login remotely, so I'm trying to fix that now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Keep up the good word

/Mindy

Anonymous said...

Please share your throughts if you find a decent bugtracker. I need one for our little game, but there are just so many packages I wouldn't know which one to pick.

Anonymous said...

I'm using Mantis ( http://www.mantisbt.org/ ) and so far, i'm really pleased with it