Thursday, April 27, 2006

Loading/Saving almost done

I finished the Saving part, and I'm currently working on loading files from disk.

I decided to go with an XML fileformat, as it's easiest to read and understand by humans. Since I don't store a lot of information, it's seemed logical I make it human readable. The format is really simple, but I'm not yet quite happy with it. It seems a bit, uhm, disorganized/illogical mapped out.

I'll work it out a bit better tomorrow, and see what it turns into. Also, I got the New Map dialog in(Altho without Author information and map name), display which tile the user has selected(That is, the x, y coordinates within the map, relative to 0, 0 of the map, not of the screen) and I display the map dimensions.

I did add the UI for the 3x3 brush, but I haven't written the code for it yet, but that's pretty simple.

So, I got everything down to:
  • Auto saving
  • Finish loading
  • Save Dune 2: The maker files
  • The code of the 3x3 brush
That's pretty minimal work to do. Sounds doable in a day. Downside is: I don't have time tomorrow, since I need to go to a 2 clients, and finish some work there. Well, it's money, that's important.

No comments: