Wednesday, July 26, 2006

What's up with me

So, my previous contained all my update logs(And this one will contain a little bit aswell, including a screenshot).

First of all, the new place I'm in rocks: It's air-conditioned, we got a dishwasher, a large kitchen and it's not housemates.

Also, since I'm currently having vacation from college, I'm spending most of my time working. I got a vacation job as foreman. We travel through the country and install TFT monitors at all locations of a company. It are a few thousand monitors, so I'm sure I have at least 6 weeks of work.

The pay is ok and I get to drive the truck. While that's ok, it's a horrible job aswell: The installation locations are ALWAYS in the middle of the city, and the streets are usually thight, crowded and shit to maneuver a huge truck in without too much experience and a drivers license for driving trucks. I'm not illegal driving this truck, on paper it's a car. However, it handles as a truck. Due to this, I damaged the truck twice(GAAH!!). My girlfriend told me it was the risk they took, but that didn't do much about the guilty feelings.

So, today I was home early, so I took a nap and when I woke up(I had a muscle cramp in my leg, not a funny way to wake up), I decided it was time to code. So I finished off my debug log and log console. It was quite easy to work out. The log itself stores lines, and can flush them to disk aswell, and the console is the visual part. It takes it's own height, calculates how much lines fit in it(It first calls a MeasureString()), minus one, and then takes the last x lines from the log.

It's rendered to an alpha blended texture only when the log updates. That way, it's cheap to render. I still need to make it re-sizable at runtime(Perhaps turn it into a GUI widget or place it on a GUI widget, such as a re-sizeable panel). Also, I need to make use of it in the actual game code.


I didn't mention it in my previous log entry, but I also optimized the map rendering, and it gave me a 30 fps performance boost. Which is nice. And I made the tile reserving/occupucation work properly. So, when I have time again(Which is probably friday), I fix the drag selection which I disabled, do some work on actually making sure device lost events are properly handled and then really start working on the harvester(Well, after I made a new map).

No comments: