Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Unit health bars are now working

Today I added the health bars to show up above units when they're selected or when the mouse cursor is hovering over them.

Creating the bar as a total of 10 minutes of work, and another 5 minutes to make the texture when I discovered that Sprite.Draw() doesn't allowed me to stretch the texture(Perhaps I should have used Draw2D(), but I'm a bit lazy).

Below are 2 screenshots: First one shows an empty health bar(Where the unit basicly should be removed from the battle field) and the 2nd one shows a selected devastator and the mouse hovering over the light tank.

(Click to enlarge)

(Click to enlarge)

So, I also started with the harvesting progress bar, which is basicly the same thing, using a different texture and a different location to render it all. That should be implemented tomorrow, and there should be a harvester unit that 'works'(Ie. move around, show an attack cursor over spice).

That's it for today. Hopefully I have time to code tomorrow, but somehow, I doubt it.

No comments: