Monday, August 21, 2006

Carry-alls are being added...

Whoa... That's 9 days of doing nothing related to coding. Bad bad me!

Today I put myself to coding again, and I did a little bit of coding and some file managing.

First of all, I fixed a little problem with the rendering, where units had a fixed position on the screen, and at some point, they would disappear because they moved outside the viewport. I changed the render related code so all units first calculate their on-screen position. During the rendering, I traverse all game objects, check if they're within the screen boundaries, and render them.

However, I was just testing my newly added carry-all(Which is currently stationary on the screen), and noticed that when I scroll 3 or more tiles from the top, the unit healthbars and the harvester loadbar no longer show up, and when I scroll less than 3, they're displaced. That's something I'll have to look into tomorrow first, before adding more logic to the carry-all.

Anyway, in 5 weeks we have to move again. *sigh*. Also, the new owner of the current building is coming to visit tomorrow, and from what I've heard till so far, it's a whiny little bitch. For instance, last saturday I got my dad's car, and drove it onto the terrain, but didn't close/lock the fence. I was loading our bed sheets since we were staying the night at my parents, and some car drives onto the terrain. I walk up to the car, polite ask who he is and what he's doing on the terrain. He responds he's the new owner, asks who I am, and I tell him I'm the squatting guard. After that, he leaves.

This morning, I noticed I had a voicemail, listened to it, and he apparantly called the real-estate agent that the fences were open and that we were probably mis-managing the building. I was shocked, and more important, insulted.

He's coming over to inspect the building tomorrow, so I'll get up early and do some additional vacuuming and mop the floor(which could use a good mop anyway).

No comments: