I decided to go with an XML fileformat, as it's easiest to read and understand by humans. Since I don't store a lot of information, it's seemed logical I make it human readable. The format is really simple, but I'm not yet quite happy with it. It seems a bit, uhm, disorganized/illogical mapped out.
I'll work it out a bit better tomorrow, and see what it turns into. Also, I got the New Map dialog in(Altho without Author information and map name), display which tile the user has selected(That is, the x, y coordinates within the map, relative to 0, 0 of the map, not of the screen) and I display the map dimensions.
I did add the UI for the 3x3 brush, but I haven't written the code for it yet, but that's pretty simple.
So, I got everything down to:
- Auto saving
- Finish loading
- Save Dune 2: The maker files
- The code of the 3x3 brush