Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I am an idiot, srsly

I'm an idiot. A huge idiot. Remember how I reported about rolling out 2 Draytek Vigor 2800G routers? Turns out I ordered the wrong routers. A 400 euro mistake.

The routers I ordered come with a built-in modem, and all snazzy features that the router has, are done on the WAN interface(The modem). But, Versatel doesn't allow their customers to replace the modem with one of their own and the new line that was in the new office was an SDSL line. So none of the routers can be used.

I'm trying to order the Vigor 2910 now, which is used to cable(And therefor, has a WAN interface where an RJ-45 plug fits in). I'll contact a reseller to see if it works on the SDSL line and Versatel, and if so, see if I can get a hold of them today and roll them on tomorrow(Which was supposed to be a day off)...

Idiot...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh

that's pretty idiotic

Unknown said...

Pwned! But I still love you