Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Building placement is in

In the past 2 days I put the code together for placing buildings on the map. While not completely done yet, I also found a few bugs in the code relating to writing to the debug console, finding items on the map and the techtree.

I'll be going to fix these issues before adding in the construction of vehicles and implementing the credits counter. But after I cleaned up the input handling code.

First some screenshots:

Debug console display we started building a new WOR. Note the 'built by' bug.

Placement of our new building not allowed here, see debug console for next error

And voila, our new building is placed, including sexy deployment animations(Not included)

The next step is moving all the input code into the LocalPlayer class. Hooray for .NET partial classes, since this will prevent my code from turning into a huge pile of steamy mess that could make even the most seasoned developer cry himself to sleep.

After that, I will first fix all the bugs I've found till so far and then I'll implement the placement of concrete(yay!), the penalty of placing a building without concrete and construction of vehicles. If those work, I'm considering implement a basic network framework(!!!) and then start polishing up basic features. When these features are implemented (Which will take a while), I have a basic playable RTS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FIRST